Riviera Maya The best that Mexico has to offer
Riviera Maya is a Beach strip located on the eastern coast of Mexico’s Yucatán Peninsula. Riviera Maya is known for its white-sand beaches, coral reefs, and Mayan ruins. stretches from Cancun to Tulum, making it a long and diverse destination with plenty of things to do for your vacation.
The Riviera Maya is a great place to visit if you’re looking for a relaxing beach vacation. The beaches here are some of the best in Mexico, and there are plenty of activities to keep you busy. If you’re looking for something more adventurous, there are also plenty of Mayan ruins and other attractions to explore.
The Riviera Maya is made up of many different towns, there are many things to see and do in each location. Each town has its unique vibe, making for a very diverse Riviera Maya. You can choose which one best fits your vacation needs!
Popular Riviera Maya Cities:
- Playa del Carmen
- Isla Mujeres
- Puerto Morelos
Riviera Maya is made up of the following destinations:
– Cancun: The Riviera Maya’s most popular destination, known for its lively nightlife and beautiful beaches.
– Playa del Carmen: Riviera Maya’s most popular beach town and one of the fastest-growing tourist destinations in Mexico.
– Tulum: Riviera Maya’s treasure, a beautiful beach town with a Mayan Riviera feel.
– Riviera Maya: The Riviera Maya’s heart and soul, there is so much to see and do in this colorful city.
– Akumal: Riviera Maya’s spot for snorkeling with turtles, also known as Aktun Chen.
– Puerto Morelos: Riviera Maya’s fishing village, a great place to go if you’re looking for a more relaxed vibe.
– Isla Mujeres: A beautiful island located just off Riviera Maya’s coast.
How do I get to Riviera Maya?
Riviera Maya is easily accessible from Cancun International Airport. Just take a taxi or bus to the Riviera Maya and you’re ready to go! You can also take a ferry from Cancun to Isla Mujeres, which is a great option if you’re looking to explore the island.
Is Riviera Maya safe?
Riviera Maya is a very safe destination, however, it’s always important to take precautions when traveling. Be aware of your surroundings and don’t leave your belongings unguarded. If you’re feeling unsure about a certain area, ask your hotel or tourism bureau for more information.
Things to do in Riviera Maya?
Riviera Maya offers a variety of things to do for your vacation. Some of the most popular activities include:
– Snorkeling with turtles in Akumal
– Swimming with dolphins in Cancun
– Diving with sharks in Isla Mujeres
– Ruins of Tulum
– Xcaret Theme Park
– Chichen Itza Ruins
– Coba Ruins
– Sian Ka’an Biosphere
How much does Riviera Maya cost?
Riviera Maya is a NOT a cheap destination when it comes to prices, here are some average prices for your trip: – Basic hotel room: $100-$150
– Luxury hotel room: $200 and up
– Meal in a local restaurant: $5 and up
– Domestic beer: $3 and up
– Entrance to a theme park: $50 and up
– Taxi ride: $5 and up
secret places in Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya is known for its many markets, however, here are some of Riviera Maya’s best-kept secrets:
– Playacar Market – Riviera Maya’s local market is open every Wednesday.
– Artisan Market in Puerto Morelos – Riviera Maya’s most popular market where you can find all kinds of local crafts. The market is open every Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm.
– Valladolid – This colonial town is a great place to explore the Riviera Maya’s history.
– Aktun Chen – Riviera Maya’s hidden gem for snorkeling and swimming with turtles.
– Cenote Ik Kil – This cenote is one of Riviera Maya’s most beautiful and is a great place to swim.